Thursday, August 20, 2015

ohm

Oh the joy of air travel (it makes me personally extremely nervous when flying over a large body of water). Emma is scheduled to arrive today, when precisely is just not clear and has not been clear for most of the day. One flight cancelled, another cancelled, the third now on hold, waiting for their turn on the tarmac.

window in Vera's 'old' apartment in the big city
Numerous texts back and forth. Keeping an eye on the flight info. Luckily, Emma has a positive attitude about this : she just would like to arrive today. I am thinking about how easy it is nowadays to keep abreast of every minute and move (or standstill), due to technology. So really, it is not at all a bad thing for the airlines to cancel flying through a storm, it is just a minor inconvenience (not a tragedy).


Meanwhile, I can update you all on some finally finished projects. A quilt for Thijs, started three years ago, a shawl for me (in hopes of one day feeling cold again).





I can't decide whether I should start one of the thousands of other projects I have planned (first in line would be a quilt for Emma, we have picked the fabric and I think I know which pattern) or study for my clinical license, or none of the above and get serious about moving more.


Mostly, evenings are busy with cooking, , ironing, sometimes cleaning, relaxing for a while, and a little bit of work for work as well...and weekends the same. How do other people do it? No idea. I'm sure I will figure it out one way or the other. And Emma will get home eventually.


1 comment: