Saturday, August 1, 2015

August

It is August, and so naturally, the stores are full with products for the end of October and beyond. Same every year I guess, but it always takes me by surprise.


The past couple of years, August has also been the month for moving the awesome threesome to better and/or other places. Thijs arrived last night with a truck full of stuff from Vera and himself. Some of it is now in our garage and will make its way slowly (back) into the house.


Some of Thijs' possessions have been neatly packed into a storage unit (all that training in my in-laws' grocery store comes in very handy for my love) until the time is bridged and it will move to what is likely Thijs' last apartment in the college town down south.


Vera is bridging the time to her move over the ocean in a room she is renting for a few weeks, and some of Emma's non-essentials will be spending their fall-semester in a storage unit in the big city.


It is a tad chaotic, and so, at first glance, is our yard. Granted, some more weeding could be happening, but we are in fact aiming for a free-growing flower and green fest. To the dismay of some of our neighbors, I know.


Soon enough it will be autumn and the green will die down. That comes with its own beauty, and in my opinion, better temperatures. For the young ones, excitement over new places to live and study. For now though, I would like to enjoy the abundance in color, sun, and jungle sounds that is August.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have neighbors that get a thrill from seeing the natural beauty of your garden, but I know what youmean about the others! Enjoy it for yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, we sure are enjoying it ourselves! I would not know any of my neighbors who actually get a thrill (I would be surprised) and it was proposed by one of the members of the board of the home owners association that they send out a letter to ask people to take care of their yards better, because this mess brings down the property values for everyone... You know. I can't get that excited about manicured lawns and German-looking flowerbeds (okay...I should specify I guess...as in, the garden at the Bertha Platz ;-)
    How is gardening in CO nowadays?

    ReplyDelete