Saturday, July 26, 2014

nothing much - count your blessings

I feel like I should post something, but nothing profound or funny or insightful is going on in my brain right now. I am sitting at our kitchen table, Lucy behind the screen, looking out over the back yard with my morning coffee on a Saturday. Isn't that quite a story in itself? And I just saw a hummingbird getting nectar from the lavender and hosta flowers.


I had been feeling a bit  down lately (see previous post) but I think I'm out of that dip now. I just temporarily forgot how to handle the stress and how to count my blessings. That was my oma Margje's favorite hymn - Count your blessings. I would do well to remember that.


Now the scene outside has changed : I see Gus stalking a huge butterfly. My love draining the rainwater from the camping chairs- the young adults had a campfire last night.

At work, I am spending a bit of time with someone who can see the positive in almost any situation, an excellent example to follow.


So my traveling brain was longing for the pacific coast (northern part) and at the same time I am consciously noticing what I can enjoy at home.


Ah, the youth is waking up. Good thing I made a large pot of coffee. Let's see what the day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment