Sunday, September 22, 2013

when live gives you...

... a migraine, make waffles in the morning. Especially when you are a 'lucky' migraine sufferer who does not get nauseous and being upright actually feels better than lying down. Even though I would have loved an ice-pack on my head. Or just going downhill on a bicycle in cold weather (I've done that but is a tad dangerous if you close your eyes because the light hurts).

banana blueberry yogurt oatmeal waffles
It did slow me down quite a bit yesterday, which was annoying on a Saturday, but I have learned to function with migraines over the years. Who has time when you have kids and jobs.  And like I said I'm lucky. I do take an overdose of certain pills to assist in making it bearable, the downside is that I then feel as hopped-up as when I took sudafed and had chocolate cheesecake for breakfast (long ago, far away).


The weather is beautiful, and so I had the pleasure of helping my love with the sanding down of the bathroom cabinet doors and drawers etc, outside, on the driveway.


He used the machine, I did the fine-motor edge stuff by hand. We were nicely covered with a thin film of dust. And if not that, then with cat hair from a certain very clingy cat (all of a sudden, no, actually, since the kids moved out- he may have abandonment issues).


He is hogging my arm as I type. And I'm wearing a dark t-shirt. Lovely. For today, I will tackle some chores as well as enjoy the outdoors as well as having a friend over for dinner. Happy equinox!



1 comment: