Sunday, September 15, 2013

apparently...

...I may not have been clear on the extend of the kitchen 'project' I mentioned in my former post- of course I would like to renovate or rather rebuild my whole kitchen (or perhaps move to a larger kitchen?). For now though, (and for many many years to come), I am just hoping for a solution for that part of the kitchen only, the missing table/work island. Not a big deal, and definitely a luxury problem.


As some people may know, I love to bake, and would like a larger work space with storage for the bake stuff, so a kitchen island that would provide this would be nice. Still, major baking took place this weekend on perhaps 2 feet of work space (you'll excuse my not-so-great sense of American measurements). Three kinds of bread and an apple cake (if you have ever been in an Italian kitchen, you may have wondered about the magic of those delicious multi-course meals prepared in such a teeny space).


Further un-deterred by the lack of kitchen table, we went for a bike ride, had to shop some, took a longish walk in the state park, played with the pressure cleaner, had a fire two nights in a row, verified that the kids were still doing well, read, relaxed, talked, did some yard work, all the fun and necessary activities that come with weekend.



I attempted to do some knitting (projects for Christmas not photographed) and some sewing on the quilt, but with five cats there is always at least one friendly 'helper'. My love worked on a unique stand/frame for some of the art that we would like to display.



Perhaps nothing special, our weekend activities, yet to me it was a celebration. The first cool air through the windows, the jungle sounds, no alarm clock, watching the cats play in the yard, a whole weekend (no shifts at the hospital) to enjoy and clear my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment