Friday, September 13, 2013

good

Apparently, 'people' ask Emma 'all the time' how I am doing. She responds to this question "she is doing very well", which is absolutely true, thank you. Of course, the facts have not quite sunk in yet. However, I think my general 'in the moment' living is one of my saving graces. Another is definitely my job- I simply don't have time to sit and mourn.


And my love and I enjoy each other's company. Most importantly, the kids are alright. They report a mountainous workload, yet great professors and interesting classes (bar perhaps Emma's 2-hour lecture on cardboard). Things are going well and thus I am doing well.

Although, we are not making much progress on 'the kitchen project'. This island looks like something  I would like:

image found on tumblr
or something  like this:

image found on tumblr
But instead, this is what I currently have:



Yep, the three trip-trap chairs my parents gifted to our babies long ago (and far away). I happily moved the kitchen table to Thijs's home, thinking I would finally get a round table. There are two problems with this great plan: 1. It involves spending money, and 2. I absolutely do not like pedestal tables. But I am still hopeful that we will have this problem solved by Thanksgiving.

1 comment: