Sunday, September 8, 2013

where to begin

Somewhere in the middle perhaps. Or random. There are always so many topics and ideas that pop in my head for this blog and never come to fruition. Even more ideas and wishes for improvements in the home and crafty projects that will never come to pass.


At least I have re-started  work on Thijs's quilt with a finalized design plan in mind, approved by both Thijs and Lauren. And to my amazement, my love and and I only took two trips to the store to settle on the kind of tile we would like to update the floor and wall of our guest bathroom (well, kids' bathroom really, and I do not feel that the kids are actual 'guests').We are notoriously difficult and slow to come to a decision on things like that.



Hence the terrible timing of re-doing a bathroom when we've just started to support three college kids- we couldn't get it together before now. Of course it is practical that they have moved out so it will be no bother when the shower is out-of-order.


I also procrastinated for nearly a year before making time to go to the doctor for the pain in my hip. Apparently, this requires some physical therapy and I am not sure where I want to find the time for that. I took a whole day off to run 'errands' that have to take place during the daytime- when I explained to the kind lady at the X-ray check in what all I had planned she laughed and said :"Hon, you're going to need several days!" Which was very insightful as it turns out. 


It feels like summer finally caught up with us. Temperatures rose and so did humidity. The trees however are displaying definite signs of autumn. So do the stores- and although summer is not my favorite season, I feel unprepared for all the holiday displays. I like to be more 'in the moment' with those things. Planning of course is not one of my strengths. But I am setting a deadline. By thanksgiving, when all my biological children will be at the dinner table, I would like to have finished that quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment