Wednesday, July 3, 2013

dream. plan. go.

There are days that I do dream of living elsewhere. It can't be helped, I think. Mostly I end up doing some arm chair traveling, by book or tumblr or blog-surfing.

by Quint Bucholz
My love and I have done our more than fair share of real travel too. Ever since we met we have enjoyed exploring together, by foot, by bicycle, by car, by plane. (Bicycle being my favorite means of transportation but not travel). Saving up money to make another trip.

internet picture
Even when we had very little means, we went places, and even with the kids (although, admittedly, travel did slow down considerably since their arrival and when they were younger). And I guess we set an example of some sort. At a young age, my love taught them to pack their own bags. We showed them where we were going on maps. They researched things to do at the places we went.

internet picture
Perhaps then it comes as no surprise that the girls have been dreaming of a cross-country road trip for years and are now realizing their dream. They planned, they packed, they organized, they booked, they are taking chances...and they are taking our trusty (I hope) old van loaded with friends and luggage.

How exciting for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment