Sunday, June 30, 2013

back-breaking

I've worked a lot lately. A lot. And I could have worked this weekend also. I did, but just not at the hospital. I needed a real break. No matter how I debated with myself that 40 hr workweek was just a random number and that if I didn't pick up the shifts, someone else had to and everyone at work is stretched to the max as it is...


 So I ordered a pile of mulch to be dumped on the driveway on Saturday morning, and my love and I put some muscle (and our backs) into spreading the stuff around the front yard. I made two different kinds of ice cream (lemon and lime-coconut sorbet) and bread and pain-au-noix. I did a lot of laundry but no ironing...yet.



I spend time with varying family and friends. There are tons more things that I would like to do, but this was a really nice start of taking a bit more time for other things and people (!) than work (no matter how much I love my job, and my team).

our driveway

 I suspect part of it is that I am not used to working odd hours anymore. One thing is for sure, I am also not used to spreading mulch. I thought I was doing fine, then during shopping I bend down and my back let me know in a painful way that I may have over-extended myself that way too. Hopefully I can get out of bed tomorrow morning, because my break is over by then.



 Preparations are underway for the move of all three of our 'kids'. Kevin, Jake, and Vera are working on this beautiful old door to turn it into a table. Emma got her housing assignment and is thrilled that she will be living in an apartment style dorm with a shared kitchen. Thijs has been gathering kitchen items for a while now.
I am excited for them. And for myself? Will let you know in a couple months.


No comments:

Post a Comment