Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sonntagsfreuden - Sunday pleasures - Zondags vreugden

... some words can just not be translated. On one of the floors in the hospital someone posted a definition of Gemutlichkeit (German) on a door. Gezelligheid (Dutch). Those are pretty much the same, however I can't think of a real good American word for it. No matter, you still can experience it.

Sonntagsfreuden, an idea from Frau KreativBerg http://www.kreativberg.com/



On some Sundays, we can take the time. Time to be a little lazy. Time to stop and smell the roses- or in this case the lilacs, time to contemplate the little things in life that make such a difference in the big picture (vinca/ /periwinkle/ maagdenpalm). Time to make some special treats in the kitchen or pet a cat.

Emma working on her macarons

Gus
Of course, when we all need to be in the kitchen at the same time, that's when the Gemutlichkeit stops for a little while...and my dreaming about a large large farmhouse kitchen starts. Sigh.


My love is busy though, he is working on/in the yard (a large large yard, in contrast to our small small kitchen), planting and weeding. I claim ignorance in both, since I am not a trained biologist like he is and I can't distinguish the weeds from the wants. Convenient, right? So I better get started on something he claims two left hands with (ironing).








No comments:

Post a Comment