Thursday, May 2, 2013

in de maand van mei jaja (in the month of May yesyes)

I don't even remember the whole song, but this little phrase popped into my head.



Two really glorious days we have had. Sun, warmth, the garden growing so fast now. The cats are living it up outside (and brought us gifts).


And just like that, the academic year at university is over and my boy is back home. For the summer. It feels different though, because after loading up the van we drove to meet the landlord and sign a lease per August.    

My boy has grown, this past year (if not in weight).



Art made by Emma's boss/teacher/mentor, Joanie of Girly Steel. Emma is enjoying a bit of local celebrity herself this week. She made an eye-catching conversation-making piece that was displayed in the town hall exhibition and a local newspaper wrote a nice article about her and her art.



I have been working on my socks every now and then. I have been walking more, also on the treadmill. It is still not easy to find the time and/or the energy for such things, but I am trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment