Tuesday, May 7, 2013

by heart

I try hard not to, but sometimes things at work do drag me down a teeny bit.  Mostly (dumb) peripheral stuff: cutbacks, reorganization, uninformative meetings, unavoidable stress...Sometimes it is witnessing despair, pain, lives unhinged by circumstances out of anyone's control.


And once in a while, there will be a moment that makes me remember why I love my job. Or even just once sentence I will take away from a 45 minute consult : " he calls himself  father by heart". (we need more of those).


Co-workers are definitely life-savers. Joking around, or having a heart-to-heart. It should all be in a day's work too, it is what keeps us sane I think. And in the end, more productive (that's just my opinion of course).

But today, I already had had my chocolate (my roommate keeps me well-supplied) and I needed to do something when I came home to put my mind straight. So I took up the trowel and took to (a time-honored therapeutic measure) weeding.


That worked fairly well, especially because Lucy helped me by attacking the just weeded piles as if they were prey. Until, in a spur of miss-directed energy, I broke the trowel. Yep, tried to 'weed' a small tree, and the tree won.


Will have to call in the troops for reinforcement with that one.

It is late, my love will be back from his travels tomorrow, and I should direct my efforts towards some indoor weeding.


1 comment: