Monday, April 15, 2013

just a reminder

Monday Monday...can't trust that day...At least according to 'the mammas and the pappas' if anyone old enough to remember that song is reading this. Today is my first Monday in a while that I am not working at the hospital and it feels weird. I have appointments with various medical people (the vet, my doc) and some ex-colleagues. But still. So I looked at some vacation pictures to remind me of  tranquility.


there he is, Jonathan Livingston


The month (spring, summer) is shaping up to be a busy one. That is a good thing I suppose. Thijs has three weeks and several exams left before I am going to help him move out of his dorm (where he does not want to spend any more seconds than necessary) . Hopefully I get to help him move into better and nicer (with kitchen!) living accommodations by the end of the summer.


Vera (on the left) is hoping to move into a (shared) apartment in the big city around that same time. And more time will be spend in the car to move Emma (on the right then obviously) into her dorm in the big big city. Working, a fun kind of road- tripping, and a music festival are on their schedules for the summer.


I am anticipating some sort of discussion with my doc about some of my health issues. She may ask if I have stressors in my life (she should ask). The truthful answer will be that yes, I do- I have a stressful job and many uncertainties in the workplace, I am processing this whole 'empty-nest' thing as best as I can. The flip side is though, that these things, having a job I love and the fact that my kids are grown up and going to the colleges of their choice, these things also make me happy. So I will think of Spanish moss and an ocean breeze and say to myself : serenity now.

No comments:

Post a Comment