Saturday, April 20, 2013

extremely metaphoric


Today is the day, a major life event, my youngests are turning 18 years. Then again, we do not make that big a deal out of it- no sweet 18 mega parties and super-expensive gifts over here. It did spark major reflection and looking back on my part, but then I drove home around 4.30 am this morning (long night shift) and past one of those church signs. Compulsive reader that I am, I read: do not lose today in yesterday. Those signs-on occasion- give sound advice.




So while I am tempted to share my memories of that beautiful day 18 years ago, in a small town in Germany...I won't. Nor about the years between then and now, the roller coaster of all the heart ache, frustration, laughter, joy, amazement, and wonder that is parenthood. Even though I might feel that I was not actually done yet, I think my girls are ready to go forth and conquer.



If you would like to see some real spring photography, check out the pictures on this blog:
http://teacup-in-the-garden.blogspot.com/2013/04/die-luft-bluht.html

We will have a low-key but no doubts 'gezellig' dinner with assorted family members tonight and my love promised me a fire and a special bottle of wine for later. To my amazing and wonderful girls: I am looking forward to observing your journey (maybe play a small part in it?). So exciting to see what is around the bend.



4 comments:

  1. Wat een dag! Nogmaals gefeliciteerd allemaal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gefeliciteerd met je meiden! Inderdaad een mooi moment om even stil te staan bij de afgelopen 18 jaar. Bedankt weer voor je prachtige foto's. Hier geen lentebloemen maar wel het begin van de mangoboom. Onze mangoboom heeft voor t eerst een flinke lading mango's hangen. Zoveel dat sommige takken bijna gestut moeten worden willen ze niet omknakken. Een luxe, om over een aantal weken aan de boom gerijpte mango's van onze boom te kunnen plukken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, haha, ik zie dat mijn reactie als Anonymous is geplaatst, ik was het dus, Edith :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Edith, dat had ik al begrepen, het verhaal over de mango boom verklapte het....
      Ik zie het voor me en ben excited voor jullie, yum, mango!!!!

      Delete