Sunday, April 14, 2013

time on our side?

Not that I have nothing to tell, or show- it is that clock that keeps reminding me I should be doing something else before doing this or that or blog. So far, the week back has been exhausting as expected, and the weekend has been really good!


Signs of spring everywhere. This month is full of celebrations, there many birthdays in our immediate and extended families (this includes friends). Because everyone is on a personal schedule with school and work and other fun stuff, we were happy to find an evening to celebrate with at least some though not all. We tried out a new cafe, definitely a favorite way to celebrate the birthday of my girls and myself. That was Friday.



 Then on Saturday night my love and I cooked dinner for a different group of young adults (all teenagers still, however it feels like that is not really the term to apply). The sun peeked in while I was preparing one of my favorite veggies. Anything better than roasted veggies? That was indeed a rhetorical question.


To my surprise, I also won a give-away on one of my favorite blogs http://theknittygrittyhomestead.blogspot.com/

To be completely honest, I did not realize that I had entered the give-away just by commenting on the post. Now I am really excited to become the recipient of an original stitched art piece!

Today, the sun is shining some more, the temperature is increasing to a favorite level, and Thijs went ahead and gave me one of my favorite gifts to receive : a book. I worked on knitting my socks (if Stephanie from the knittygrittyhomestead can find time and energy to stitch me a piece of art while having four kids one of whom is a baby, I should surely find time to knit a bit, right).



It is with mixed feelings that I am looking forward to next weekend when my favorite twin girls will turn 18 years old. I wonder what my friend Caroline's feelings are about my second favorite twin girls turning 16 years old today. Already a lot of favorites mentioned in one blog and I did not even tell you about all of it. The clock is telling me to hurry up, so much more to do and enjoy before the end of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment