Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Astrid

I know you can't find  happiness in material things (although lack of resources can definitely make you unhappy). Yet, the new addition to our kitchen makes me smile and dream and think of  dancing around the Maypole and Seacrow Island...


I feel that it could have been in Pippi Longstocking's kitchen, or the kitchen of the Melkersons...don't you think? 


I know it may not really be hip or 'in' or fit with some of our more modern furniture. I don't care. It makes me want to find a large bouquet of wild flowers to put in a vase. It makes me think of old fashioned quilts. 


My best stoneware already is at home behind the beveled glass doors. I might have to redecorate the whole house to fit the cabinet...mmm, yes, perhaps that is too ambitious. Better keep it eclectic.  

It does not have as much space as we had envisioned (in our dreams) or hoped for, but doesn't it look like it would belong in a cute little home that looks like this?



4 comments:

  1. Prachtkast! En zo'n broodtrommel heb ik ook. Een off white in dat zelfde formaat en een iets grotere in donker groen. Ik zou zo'n kast ook prima zo kunnen vullen met spullen die helemaal passen bij zo'n "oude" kast.
    Geniet ervan.
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. A smile swept gently across my face as I opened this post!

    ReplyDelete