Tuesday, January 1, 2013

roots


Just went on my first -tiny, snowy- walk-about of the year. Lucy went with me and she must be a far descendant of the Siberian tiger.


New Year's Eve was as always bitter sweet to celebrate in a country that is not my motherland (or fatherland, in German it is better said with Heimat). For the most part we have assimilated or acculturated  quite well, but New Year always feels 'off' to me. We have developed  traditions- some old, some new- for instance the blasting of U2's New Year's Day after the ball drops on Times Square (old) and having chocolate fondue for dessert (new).


I do not have any resolutions but many hopes.


I hope that Robert and I will continue learning and growing in our jobs. I hope that Vera and Emma will enjoy their studies at the college of their choice, wherever that may be, and that Thijs will continue to enjoy his study, and that all three will be happy and healthy. I hope to be able to visit with family and friends and find them happy and healthy.


I hope to find a balance between work and home so I can spend time with my feline friends and take time to produce something out of fabric and yarn.

Have a happy healthy courageous new year!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Fabulous action pictures Margje!!! :-)
    En natuurlijk wensen wij jullie al datzelfde toe en nog veel meer...

    ReplyDelete