Friday, December 21, 2012

a hard day's work

Hi all! I'm cozy and warming up on the couch, looking at the now completely decorated living room. The two leading men in my live are cooking in the kitchen. My sink, with which I have waged war for years to stay white, is sparkling. The refrigerator is full of freshly shopped yummies, and pictures have been taken of our winter solstice weather.


That, plus more, was all my Love's labor! He was a stay-at-home-dad today while I left in the dead of morning (or so it felt, after scraping the windows of the car while scared that the creaking rustling branches would come crashing down in the high winds). I tackled yet another unit in the adult hospital world and drove home during dusk to all these surprises

and yes, a tree did fall down
And now it is weekend! I hear 'the boys' galloping around. I squint my eyes at the lights in the tree, just like when I was a little girl (oh, so many moons ago!). And I have come -once again- to the realization that only by enjoying life as much as I can, do I honor the memory of my dad. Paying attention to the quiet moments and the feeling of contentment, looking with wonder. Sharing.




Wishing you all a happy winter solstice.

2 comments:

  1. And a happy winter solstice (my dad's birthday!) to you too Margje! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your solstice was pure magic! Lovely post! Wish I could give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete