Saturday, December 15, 2012

home

Yesterday I took some time to spend at home, with a long to-do list and a visit to the vet with three kittens (remind me not to agree to that again). It was good to have time to breathe, hear silence surround me. I made bread, apple cake, cleaned, cuddled with various felines, even took pictures.

currently fascinated by the grass plumes
I had some time to process, to think. Even if I was not able to cross of everything on the list, it was simply good. I realized how I had missed that solitary time.

And then came news that forced the day in a different direction. My girls came home and we looked for TV coverage of the school shootings in Connecticut.


Not much to put into words about that-


Suffice it to say that I am really really glad that T came home safe and sound from college last night and am feeling fortunate to be able to look forward to some family time around the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment