Saturday, October 6, 2012

slow

At work, I like to hit the ground running and keep it that way until I have to leave for the day. At home, not so much- I love having a slow start to my Saturday, and would like to extend that tempo throughout the weekend. My love and I had those kinds of weekend-mornings a long time ago (before kids) and now that the kids can transport themselves to whatever they are up to, we are enjoying them again.



It is one of those beautiful crisp autumn days, and while I was sweeping the path and deck to rid them of 'nature's mosaic' (as my love called it) I thought of the stereotype of the dutch housewife that people have commented to me about over the years. One of the kids' teachers grew up in Holland, MI, and thought that all dutch people were incredibly proper and swept their sidewalk on a daily basis. Ahem. Perhaps I am not dutch enough and if so, my family may set me straight, but I don't think that this is dutch custom nowadays.



The cats are enjoying the yard as well, after being cooped up inside last night due to frosty wet weather. My love and I are going to take a walk in the nature preserve. Hope you enjoy your weekend too!


1 comment:

  1. First snow in CO today, but clearing again. Hope you two had a lovely stroll in nature. Aaron likes your cats!

    ReplyDelete