Monday, September 3, 2012

water

Most of the time, I start typing a blog entry with some vague idea of what I would like to share, and then end up with a completely different piece. The same will go for this one today I'm sure. Over the weekend I was pondering water, which is one of my favorite things.(We are experiencing quite a bit of water falling from the sky due to hurricane Isaac). A long time ago, I was asked what my favorite form of water was. I answered 'the ocean'.


Certainly, it is not rain, although a nice rainy day can be cozy if you can stay in, and after the drought this summer rain is more than welcome.(But it can also cause floods). I do love the ocean, and during family vacations we are usually drawn to it. My favorite coast is the pacific, both for the ocean and the shore.


Personally I am not such a fan of swimming pools but my niece little L feels strongly that these are the best places to interact with water (yes, sorry, couldn't resist sneaking a picture or two of her in here, this is in 2011 in the Netherlands).

insisting on the highest slide possible , E and little L
I adore snow, could watch it for hours, walk in it for hours (shoveling it is another matter). We haven't seen enough of it since moving to our current home.

The kind of water I enjoy most and most often however is drinking water!

T operating a public drinking water fountain in Rome, Italy, 2011

S.P.Q.R means for the senate and the people of Rome. Picture and translation by my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment