Wednesday, September 5, 2012

birthday girl

Some day this week (we think) it is one year ago that our little Lucy was born somewhere on a porch. At first she was adopted by a family with another cat and several doting younger kids, however the resident cat was not charmed to meet her acquaintance. That is when we were asked to give her a home.



When I say asked, I mean that my teens were waging a relentless campaign to convince my love and me that she belonged with us. Once I laid my eyes on her there was no way back, and my love warned me that we would not, under any circumstances, let her go.

I spend many hours playing with her or just sitting with a sleeping kitten on my lap. I had the time then, freshly graduated and  unemployed for a long while.

Dinner tonight was fresh pasta (such luxury!) bought at the store of course. So much better than the dried stuff, and cheaper than " flying to Rome on a moment's notice."

Palastine hill- one of my favorites in Rome
While enjoying the delicious ravioli, I let my mind wander, not back to the hospital (this took some effort) but to my vacation memories. Of my plans to cut some fabric after dinner came nothing, due to the birthday girl being a tad playful still and attacking anything that moved. So instead of sharing a quilt in progress, I will share some pictures, most likely taken by V or R.

Trevi fountain at night, it is spectacular

street view, Rome 2011



1 comment: