Sunday, September 23, 2012

the joys of weekend

Friday  felt like a day during which I had time to get my bearings and get something accomplished, I even  chatted with colleagues  at work. Perhaps that was why I felt a bit more relaxed this weekend- so relaxed that I finally took the time to clean the refrigerator!


Like my mom always says, you should be able to really tell the difference between before and after- that's what I was going for...

And the cool windy weather (my favorite kind of weather) inspired a walkabout in the yard.




After a day of household/yard chores and grocery shopping, my love and I found ourselves home alone for dinner - so I cooked us something child-unfriendly : winemakers mushroom soup and warm goat cheese salad with crusty bread (from My French Kitchen and The French Market, both by Joanne Harris and Fran Warde).

bread as always from No need to kneed by Suzanne Dunaway
Our newly cleaned chimney did very well with the fire, and the whole autumn equinox made me start a new knitting project.



Socks, two at a time, toe-up. This time I might even do the required math to make the socks fit me (the last pair turned out a bit large).

This morning we walked around an art fair, which was nice, however I have high hopes that our girls will gift us with more of their work to hang/display, so we did not support any of the artists monetarily.

Time to get creative with the lemons (Perfect lemon torte? Lemon pound cake? Lemon-chocolate truffles?) and the iron (yeah, hemming the new pants and then just ironing).

No comments:

Post a Comment