Monday, September 17, 2012

weeds

Autumn / fall...whatever you would like to call it (or in Dutch herfst / German Herbst)...I like it, no matter the name. The cooler nights, the windows open, the promise of cozy fires and warming stews ahead...


The special fall foliage that grows on the side of the road...some of which we have in our yard, some, like corn flowers, we unfortunately don't. Weeds, you may say.




Onkruid, in Dutch, literally translated non-herb. Beautiful, aren't they?

Thus I enjoy my morning commute, which is slow enough that I can enjoy the roadside foliage at my leisure. Thus I enjoy our yard, which is getting ready for the autumnal equinox.




All part of the 'path of seven joys' that I once read about in a book and that one should daily walk- if you try, it is not that hard to find moments of joy.  In the daily rush and craziness  I just have to remind myself sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful pictures - yes, autum is comeing, I can feel it everyday now (and I am really happy about it). Love. maria

    ReplyDelete