Saturday, October 13, 2018

not forgotten

Wow. It's been a while. For so many reasons. When I look back at the last post, I can hardly believe that was only a little over a year ago. Many things have happened and I did not really feel any need to share those 'scraps'. My life is good, my loves are good, and the ups and downs are not news worthy.


One of the 'ups' was really a 'high'- the five of us went to explore Iceland this past summer: for one week we inhaled the fresh air as much as we could, we climbed a bit, hiked a bit, drove a lot, took a million pictures and barely scratched the surface of capturing this island.



Lava, rock formations born under water, craters, mud pots, geysers, a million waterfalls, and a vastness and wideness that is difficult to explain.




We all fell in love with the remote east-fjords. So much exhaling too, in trying to take it all in.


Oh, and, did I mention the glaciers and black sand beaches?



The best part was of course, that we were all together in this adventure. My love and I with these lovely people (sorry, it seems nearly impossible to get a picture of Thijs with his eyes open...)



So, cheers. Wishing everyone good family adventures, whether far away or (close to) at home.





No comments:

Post a Comment