Monday, February 24, 2014

About done

That's where I am with my explorations in sourdough. I have some dough rising (sort of) on the stove, and I am trying a bread machine recipe at the same time. Both look less than promising so far. And I've had it.

Lucy after night-long adventures
I am being held captive at home because of the 'fluffing of the dough' that needs to happen at 30 minute intervals, and the waiting for the machine to be done because you can't leave the bread in it after it beeps. I am doing other chores in between, sure. And if it would yield a fantastic-better-than-ever bread, it would be worth it. But it's not.

cat-blanket in progress
Just thought I should share my frustrations. I could be having lunch with a friend. I could be shopping for shoes (neh, okay, I really don't like shopping anymore). I could be taking a long walk. Instead I am wasting time and money (in the form of quality flour) on bread that may be tasty but is too dense and too not what I had hoped for. So this is the last day of attempting. I am going back to my tried-and-true breads.

Gus on the clean laundry


No comments:

Post a Comment