Saturday, December 7, 2013

it's been a while

...since I posted something here. Things did happen of course. More sadness, more celebrations- both big and small. We had a lovely thanks-giving.

Lauren made this !
Just hanging out with my kids and various friends, enjoying home-cooked goodness and each other's company.


not everyone there yet
It was wonderful. And now we get to do this again really soon. I am looking forward to it but at the same time, it has crept up on me, as it does every year- the holdiday season. So I am sort of frantically trying to finish the home-made gifts, making sure we have enough beds and bedding, getting the oil changed for two cars (you may laugh but I am really having a hard time finding the right moment for this chore), making the house a bit presentable because my mom is coming (! this is very exciting !), and wrapping up one of my part-time jobs. And wrapping up some presents of course...

Emma having fun with the sibs
My love has hung some lights outside, and we will put up a tree this weekend but not decorate it yet. We had this tradition of doing that as a family whilst enjoying some speculaas and wintery beverages...Adjusting these rituals to our new normal will take a bit of time. 



It's an indoors kind of weekend, temperature-wise, and this morning my love and I tackled some boxes-with-stuff-to-sort-through. Un-opened mail from 2005 was discovered. Need I say more. 


We will take a refreshing walk in a little bit and then continue our casual pace of puttering around the house. It's a good weekend. Lots to enjoy, lots to look forward to. 




2 comments: