Friday, May 24, 2013

unofficially official

American summer starts unofficially official on Memorial Day weekend, and then ends the same way on Labor Day weekend. Pools will open and close, parks will do the same with bathrooms, backyard grills fired up and covered...all regardless of the weather. (at least, that's what we think we've learned so far)




It is a three-day weekend, and I am looking forward to it, my love is home, and I am off too, not even on back-up!



The temperature is lower than you might have guessed from the pictures but we will not be deterred and will take some walks, quite possibly in and around the art museum in town. I am experimenting with some bread-by-hand recipes (so far one hit, one miss) and of course I am hoping to use my new kitchen gadget again (think spaghetti). Happy unofficial summer solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment