Thursday, March 14, 2013

constant companion

It is my hip, the right one. Most days it will comply and only hurt in the mornings. Today it does not seem to want to leave my side. It whines a little, then yells if I keep ignoring it. That is one of the more aggravating issues with aging, although I feel way too young for such nonsense.



Due to some changes at work, I have more days off at the moment. Perhaps a nice side effect of something very serious. In any case, I have some time, and the decision is mine on how to spend it (not as easy as you would think! I end up running around doing multiple projects at once and never finishing anything). My love encouraged me to re-engage in one of my hobbies.


And I will, after some spring cleaning. I guess that is what is making my hip yell, it is not used to the running around so much anymore. And yet that is apparently the best way to conquer the yelling. By moving. So some nights, when it is only whispering, I walk on the treadmill and read. My love uses the stationary bicycle.

Because this whole hip thing was not on my itinerary. I was supposed to go hiking in the mountains.


Emma has caught the spring cleaning bug as well and has organized several kitchen cabinets. She is perhaps practicing for next year when she will likely have to make do with very little room. I love how she just throws out stuff that I would have agonized over what to do with. I am hoping to follow suit, it will be so nice to keep house when there is less junk to worry about. That will give me more time for my hobbies, right?

4 comments:

  1. Ai, een zere heup is niet fijn, maar al die vrije tijd wel! :-) Je komt vast iets tegen waar je je tanden in kan zetten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a single bloom yet, and already a fire has started in the foothills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW! That is just awful. Saw it on TV. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & assist different users like its helped me.
    Good job.

    Have a look at my web page: coffee flavoring

    ReplyDelete