Saturday, February 2, 2013

wintry winter

Got up a wee bit early this morning due to being back-up for the brave after-hours/weekend people at the hospital. And although I don't like getting up early, I do like being up early. I love to watch the view out my dining room window slowly turning bleaker. I love having time to sip my coffee while contemplating the news and the day ahead.


The trouble with weekend is, and I may have said this before, that the anticipation is usually the best part. Because when I get there, all that relaxing that I was planning to do, the knitting and the quilting and the walking with my love...all that takes a back seat to house hold chores and whatever else is popping up (such as car shopping).


The kittens are growing big- and if only the weather was not so wintry we would have them practice going outdoors and climbing trees instead of the furniture or our pant legs. As it is, all five felines are suffering a bit with the cabin-fever.

My love has awoken and is making more coffee. That will get my day really started.


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment