Sunday, November 11, 2012

the eye

Although I like to create, I will readily admit that I do not possess 'the eye' for design that my daughters and some of my friends were born with. I know what I like, what moves me in art, which views in nature capture my heart, but real design/decorating- no. Of course, I am not interested enough to spend much time or effort with it, and that suits me fine.

V designed and created this last year , I love it's creepiness and it reminds me a bit of the Eye in LOTR 
If you would like to check out the blogs of two of my artist friends who definitely possess talented 'eyes' and a very creative mind: http://cowroad.blogspot.com/ and http://julierowanzoch.wordpress.com/.

We have brought our children to art museums from the time they were born- of course they do not remember those early visits but perhaps something has seeped into their unconsciousness anyway. When they became conscious, they were not always what you would call thrilled with our insistence to expose them to culture, and they were harsh in their critiques : anything abstract could not be called art.

not a great picture...name this piece and artist?
However, I think they have come around. Both my girls are busy applying to art schools and art programs around the country (and even abroad). T has voluntarily visited art museums and bought prints with his own money.


Maybe it is because I washed the windows today, or maybe E's comments, inspired by her interior decorating class, have giving me a new perspective- in any case, I am ready to get some input from my girls about design, decorating, and new wall colors.

I'm very much into grey at the moment...grey,and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment