Thursday, November 22, 2012

not quite

Thanksgiving- a typical American holiday. During the holidays I often reflect on how much we've 'Americanized' or not, on the cultural riches we have acquired during our moves around.


We've got the day off work and school, so we may as well celebrate all that we should be thankful for. In typical thanksgiving fashion, I have been in the kitchen most of the day (and last night) however we will not have turkey or eat the dinner in the early afternoon. I enjoy putting this feast together, but am thankful that I do not have to do this every day.

The Christmas lights are already up but not on, and the girls are planning to attend 'black Friday' shopping. I did once, years ago, and learned quickly that I had once again underestimated this 'event'- it was a crazy and aggressive chaos from which I emerged triumphant but determined never to do it again.


I can't wait until my favorite kittens have properly met their big feline sibs and can frolic through the whole house instead of being in quarantine in the bedroom. The older three get along so well, I have hopes they will not mind the little ones joining them too much.

I thought I would have some time on my hands to work on Christmas gifts, socializing the kittens, reorganizing the house (this is an ongoing process...), but as it turns out, I will be working full time for a while.    Less time to take pictures and blog too, until I have adjusted to the new exciting challenges.


No comments:

Post a Comment