Monday, November 5, 2012

a little bit of this and a little bit of that

I am not sure if I have anything entertaining or thoughtful to share - our weekend was great, there is good news all around...


Having T home for longer than a little bit, getting to have dinner with our expanding 'family', and breakfast with some others, it all made me very happy. Discussions and teasing and laughter. My love with me after a week without. Baking (and eating!) an extravagant apple/almond cake.



Worries too, about our little boy-kittens. They turned out to be very sick, and our vet told me that little kittens can fade very fast and that she was not sure if they would make it. But make it they did! After an overnight at the vet, medicine, and syringing cat-sure into a very weak Charlie, both of them greeted me on Sunday morning with energy and were eating on their own.

Charlie (white and grey) and Gus




They are sweet, and very different-  skinny Charlie more daring, more outgoing, more social than his solid brother Gus. Charlie walks around with his  long tail straight in the air and is quick to purr like a big guy. Gus takes a minute or so to warm up. They play together (attacking the curtains) and cuddle together.

Before long I hope to introduce all the felines to each other. It is quite the menagerie we've got going here.


I have been thinking a lot about all the 'things' in my life to be thankful for (which are not really things of course) - after all, it is the month of thanksgiving here in the USA. When I attempt to list them, I simply get overwhelmed with all the love and good that surrounds me. Of course there are negative points, not everything is always going the easy way, but over all- if not wealthy, we are in any case very very rich.

2 comments:

  1. Denver has a new Van Gogh exhibit - heading there Sunday, I think. Wish you could come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy!!! Wish I could come too, not even for the exhibit.

    ReplyDelete