Monday, October 22, 2012

open

I'll confess, I am procrastinating...I need to write some work notes but I have been lollygagging around on the web in various places. I even sat myself down at the dining room table instead of lounging on the couch with the laptop to make it feel more serious. The window is open because we are having a real indian summer this week- and I am enjoying the jungle-sounds and the breeze.


 We started early yesterday morning, the picture above I took when we were well on our way...


J with the shawl (knitted by me!), V hiding in her coat, and E putting on her 'less than enthusiastic' face...they had to stand in line while my love and I were free to explore the city. We did the outdoor art first, and found a beautiful mosaic by Chagall among other cool stuff just hanging out in the streets.

Detail
Then we went indoors, even though it was really a beautiful day- and found more inspiring art and 'old friends' (paintings I am very familiar with).


William Turner, always knew how to paint a storm...reminding me of some of my workdays. Social work can be like that, very dynamic and, well, stormy sometimes.

By the time we were picking a restaurant to have an early dinner with J, E, V and bf K (who happens to study in the big city already), I definitely did not feel like this 'dancing girl' by Paul Klee anymore.


We had a lovely fun dinner, said our goodbyes to bf K, and drove all the way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment