Saturday, October 20, 2012

not counting

It is not that nothing is happening or has happened, it is more that I am not inspired to say something interesting about it. Tomorrow we are going to a bigger city for 'portfolio day' for my girls, who both want to study art in college, and thus I was supposed to cram two days of weekend (work) into one.



Thus, I will start a bread shortly and finish my vacuuming  upstairs- I was chasing the dust bunnies under the bed before dinner, and there is definitely some satisfaction from seeing a gleaming wood floor instead of  gray dusty planks.


Going to the big city is always inspiring, certainly the art inside the museum and outside on the streets and in the park. Our own city is not too bad either, enough to do of whatever you may be in to.

But after visiting, I am just happy to come home to our 'wooded lot', our not so fancy but oh so comfortable house, our cats, and the quiet.

The coming week is the last of my first 'gig' as supplemental social worker. I am sad to let go but looking forward to new challenges. I am also wishing for another cat or kitten, but my love is afraid that there will be no end to my quest to rescue whichever feline walks across my path.


No comments:

Post a Comment