Sunday, September 9, 2012

what's left

Sunday night, and my view through the screen door shows the tree silhouettes with gently fluttering leaves against the darkening sky. The remains of the day and weekend- also, trying to gather enough energy for the evening's work. Occasionally we hear an acorn crashing onto the deck.  Lucy has joined us inside for the moment, enjoying one of her favorite 'blankets'.


No, not this one, this is my lazy knitting that she was exploring the other night. She managed to leave everything intact, much unlike the state of my old attic room.

the demolition team behind my mom's home, picture by my mom

my brother and little L cleaning up, picture by my mom
Sigh- this is one of those things- hard to not be closer so I would be able to help out with my mom's moving and then moving back. Hard to not be closer to see little L and little B grow up. Always torn between two continents. My cousin who lives in the DR commented on my last post that even if we (my love and I) would move to Europe, family (and some friends) would remain in the US. I guess I have hopes that we showed T, V, and E enough of the old countries that they may return there some day too.

balcony in Rome, picture by me

the taller windows on the ocher building are from 'our' apartment- the walkers are T and V, the restaurant (Antica Taverna) where we ate our first night in Rome  
Or perhaps not. Who knows what we will tumble into, what path we may travel. I am eager to find out, but first, I have to iron some work clothes for the upcoming week. Work is a journey in itself these days. Have a good week y'all!

3 comments: