Monday, April 28, 2014

Mrs. Underhill

Some people will think of Chevy Chase putting it on the Underhill's bill but I am referring to Frodo's alias. No, I am actually referring to my age. I turned 49, so not 'over the hill' yet. I don't have a problem with my age. I do have a problem with some of the 'wear and tear' of my body. And some of the side effects of the phase I am currently in.



I like winter, a lot. Especially cold clear days after a nice snow fall. After the kind of winter we had, I am enjoying spring quite a bit too. And come fall I will like that, except for the mounts of leaves...fun to play with, not so fun to have everywhere in the yard. I doubt that those 16 trees they took down will have an impact. I just am not a fan of hot humid summers.



But that's all not news, and in fact, I don't think I have any. News. Just pictures. Of the cats enjoying the weather (they all have their spring-celebration-moments when they act completely funky with jumps and runs and climbing trees for the fun of it). Of the wood piles. Of pretty things happening right now.





And the last one  below makes me think of Astrid Lindgren books, dancing around may poles, Malin in her light blue dress dancing on the dock  (Sea crow island)...


and seeing my dearest long term friend Hanneke soon. I am looking forward to so many things this year. A very good year it is looking to be, still under the hill, although lastly I do want to refer to J.R.R Tolkien again because one never knows what can happen...

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." 

No comments:

Post a Comment