Sunday, April 7, 2013

like a rolling stone

As a child, I already loved moss. I wish my yard was covered in moss where there is currently grass, and beyond...Maybe my mom will recall that I would bring home chunks of moss and try to grow it on a plate in the windowsill. It never worked out but I kept trying many times, and my mom and dad always allowed my experiments (with moss, that is- even if they were working hard to keep moss from growing on their grass and paved patio).


So discovering this was pretty exciting on my walk about this morning. After a week absence we were greeted with incredible weather today and by a yard full of signs of spring.

okay, these are Rose-of -Sharon pods left over from last year, not signs of spring


Also as a child, I loved traveling already- I think for a large part due to my dad's enthusiasm for exploring. We had a great time on the Atlantic Ocean in 'La Florida'. (Pictures still to follow).  But five furry creatures pulled me back home- if not for them, I may have been still be walking the beach.


3 comments:

  1. Tons and tons of moss over here Margje. Get your travelling pants on and get your behind over here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite!!!! I would LOVE to visit. It will happen someday. You are definitely on my list! :-)

    ReplyDelete