Sunday, March 24, 2013

as it turns out



My love's preparations did pay off. Thijs is safe and sound in his dorm where I dropped him off after a great ride there (talking) and back again (70's hits).  All cats are in - hopefully Mila is indoors somewhere as well. People are in and well fed after a Sunday dinner accompanied by libations.  We can hunker down. Until tomorrow at least.


I am grateful on days like this. For a warm home, for awesome kids, for feline companions. For fresh veggies and the fact that I can make bread with my own hands. Basic pleasures that I would wish for everyone.

Gus is a total daddy's boy



I remind the girls that we would have snow storms in Colorado on their birthday in April, but they don't remember. Also, we would have enjoy-outdoors-in -your-tshirt-days in January on Thijs's birthday. And more days of sunshine than San Diego (in CO, not IN). But I should not share this secret...

Hoping you are all safe and warm.

1 comment:

  1. ...het is een koude zomer bij jou.

    en hier is het quite cold en windy as well.
    hug, han

    ReplyDelete