Wednesday, January 23, 2013

yuck

Today I'm spending some time with my favorite quilt, lots of water, occasionally working on another knitted tie. Not by choice though, but because I have the flu.





It is apparently quite the epidemic- the hospitals where I work have restricted visitation and will not let anyone in the doors without using hand sanitizer. Flu shots were mandatory for employees. Still, I got it. Which prompted my manager to use the word 'yuck' in an email, and that pretty much sums it up.


So I will tell you about happier days this past weekend, much more fun to focus on! My little boy Thijs turned 19 years old, and we celebrated with a yummie dinner at an Indian restaurant.

Raise your water glasses! Happy birthday!

Thijs and  Lauren
On Sunday, we left really early (not even bright and early, because it was still dark) for the big city, where Vera and Emma attended workshops at one of the major art colleges in the country, I attended the parent program, and Thijs and Lauren attended the aquarium. The girls, Kevin, and I walked around the city for a little bit but it was bitterly cold.

my favorite Charlie-spot, his two-colored ear
A great start of the week, and then unfortunately, the chills and aches got me yesterday, on our anniversary. Not that we usually celebrate that particular day, however this turned out to be a special day for my love to express his care- he let me curl up on the couch while cooking a healthy dinner for us. He is really a better and more creative cook than I am. Flu and all, I still consider myself a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment